I would use V72.83. This is what I use for my gen surg and hospitalists. If the surgeon states consult or needs opinion of the family provider then you should be able to bill the consult. But most times this is just clearance for surgery so they do not. I would agree if you can not find any notation that this is a true consult go ahead with the EST code. Hope this helps.
Also the 1st dx should be for their chronic problem such as HTN, or Afib or something to that nature then the V code then whatever the pt did to need surgery.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join