There's some new/revised Preventive Medicine Services intructions from CPT 2011 saying, "Vaccine/toxoid products, immunization administration, ancillary studies involving laboratory, radiology, other procedures or screening tests (eg, vision, hearing, developmental) identified with a specific CPT code are reported separately."
Caveat: Some payers like to bundle screening tests with the well visit codes, but clearly screening tests require extra work beyond the standard well visit, in my humble opinion.
Hope this helps,
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join