If you look in the coding guidelines on page 12 number 15 it tells you to use the V57.x as the first listed dx code and the reson for rehab for the secondary code.You must look to see the reason for the rehab. If the patient had a traumatic rotator cuff tear which was surgically corrected then they are not in rehab for the rotator cuff tear, it may be for decreased rang of motion or weakness in the limb. Gait instability, or passive pain control if it is a chronic problem. If the visit is for pain control then it is not rehab it is pain control which is a 338.xx code.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join