10-13-2017, 04:49 AM | Community Wiki

Female wart treatment - I am looking for a code

1. Default Female wart treatment - I am looking for a code
    Medical Coding Books
    Hello,

I am looking for a code that is for verrucal lesion in the labia menora. It is chemical treatment applied to the warts.

Thanks.

2. Default
    Quote Originally Posted by kinsley3 View Post
    Hello,

I am looking for a code that is for verrucal lesion in the labia menora. It is chemical treatment applied to the warts.

Thanks.
    56501 for simple or 56515 for multiple or complicated destruction of extensive lesions. Hope this helps.

CPT Codes for Warts of the Vulva
    56501 Destruction of lesion(s), vulva; simple, any methods
    56515 extensive, any method
    The Oracle

Default Ahartzell
    I am confused as we have an email through the AAPC forum from Melanie Witt regarding this. We use TCA which is trichloracetic acid to treat veneral warts of the vulva and vagina. Melanie advised through this forum in 2007 the appropriate coding was an evaluation and management code. I too agree that when using a topical chemo agent the correct code are the 56501-56515- or 57061-57065 depending on genital site. Please advise or clarify.
    Thanks

5. Default
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnetteH View Post
    I am confused as we have an email through the AAPC forum from Melanie Witt regarding this. We use TCA which is trichloracetic acid to treat veneral warts of the vulva and vagina. Melanie advised through this forum in 2007 the appropriate coding was an evaluation and management code. I too agree that when using a topical chemo agent the correct code are the 56501-56515- or 57061-57065 depending on genital site. Please advise or clarify.
    Thanks
    UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM this procedure would not fall under an E&M code. Now, if you were removing sutures, of course. BUT, a PROCEDURE was done. It is NOT included in the E&M. If you a separately identifiable E&M, you can code the E&M with modifier 25 plus the procedure code. I have no clue who Melanie Witt is, but that information is absolutely incorrect that she gave you. Hope this helps.

Default TCA treatment
    Thanks. I agree too not an E/M but procedure code