We are getting several denials for the new vaccine admin codes, 90460. We are billing them out on separate lines (not using multiple units) but they are being denied as duplicates. I read somewhere that the admin codes need to be "lumped" with their respective vaccine codes on a single claim form. Sounds easy enough, except the billing software that we use re-orders our codes from most expensive to least. The only way to ensure the "lumping" of codes is to send my claims paper! Crazy!! Any suggestions?
Also, is it true that some payers want the 90460 billed on separate lines, but others will accept it with multiple units?
Sounds like this has become more trouble than it is worth!!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join