To answer your direct question - no, the start/stop times do not have to be recorded BUT ..
You must record:
1. Total time spent face-to-face
2. Time spent on counseling/coordination of care
3. State what the C/C was about
e.g. I spent 70 minutes face-to-face with patient, 50 minutes of which was counseling about treatment options, risks and benefits of various options.
By the way ... I don't see where start/end time is needed for prolonged service either. Do you have a reference where you got this?
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join