Yes she can document the negatives. Documentation of the ROS includes the pertinent positive and negative responses to the review of the systems. If all of the systems were reviewed the statement "all other systems reviewed and are negative" can be used (depending on your carrier or Medicare carrier - some MAC will not allow this blanket statement, so you might want to double check this with yours). If all systems have not been reviewed, documentation of the positive and negative responses of at least 10 systems would be needed for a complete ROS.
If the patient was in for a follow-up visit however, a complete ROS may not be medically needed.
Hope this helps!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join