Plz help with CPT & diagnosis codes

1. Default Plz help with CPT & diagnosis codes
    Exam Training Packages
    I am new to ED coding can anyone help me with codes for:-

Q: Patient was involved in an automobile accident where he was the unrestrained driver of a vehicle hit by another car on a major street. Patient suffered a 3.4 cm laceration of the forehead, multiple contusions involving the lower leg, several abrasions involving the right lower arm and possible concussion. The forehead wound was repaired using a layered closure. The abrasions were cleaned. He refused admission to the hospital to monitor for the presence of concussion??

Thanx
    Shivani

2. Default
    Quote Originally Posted by shivaniraina7@gmail.com View Post
    I am new to ED coding can anyone help me with codes for:-

Q: Patient was involved in an automobile accident where he was the unrestrained driver of a vehicle hit by another car on a major street. Patient suffered a 3.4 cm laceration of the forehead, multiple contusions involving the lower leg, several abrasions involving the right lower arm and possible concussion. The forehead wound was repaired using a layered closure. The abrasions were cleaned. He refused admission to the hospital to monitor for the presence of concussion??

Thanx
    Shivani
    Is this for a test?
    Last edited by eadun2000; 03-29-2011 at 11:58 PM. Reason: question

Just for your own practice why don't you submit to us the codes you feel are appropriate and we will assist from there. This is a straight forward coding scenario that you should have no problem with, new to ED or not. I feel kind of funny just spoon feeding the answers and it will not help you grow in your education.

Debra A. Mitchell, MSPH, CPC-H

4. Default
    I agree with mitchellde, tell us what codes you would have use. And then also this sounds like a test question.

5. Lightbulb Some help
    look at these codes to see if they help you. S01.81XA, S80.10XA, S40.811A, V43.52XA,Y29.410, 12032. I did not code for the concussion