I started my own medical management business back in 2009. Currently I have several surgical assists that I perform the entire billing process for. If your planning on handling the entire process I would suggest getting your own management software, I use Medisoft because it is user friendly and affordable and I use MegaEasy EDI interface along with it to conduct my eletronic billing through Availity. I can say it is difficult to get clients at first, I tried sending letters to all the local offices, but never received call backs on them. I would suggest advertising postcards, as most of the clients I have gotten have responded to those instead of actual advertising letters. At this point, 2 years later, I'm still advertising with the hope that one day I'll have enough clients that "word of mouth" will spread, which is always your best bet on advertising. Good luck on starting your business, I have to say it's been tough and stressful, but worth every minute once it starts producing, it just takes time, effort and a bit of luck!!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join