If the consultation guidelines are met, accepted by the carrier and depending on the global days for the surgery performed, modifier 57 may be your modifier. Modifier 57 is the "decision for surgery" modifier and is used for those surgeries deemed major (i.e 90 days global)
So, depending on the surgery performed, you could report the consultation along with the procedure with the appropriate modifier (with proper documentation)
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join