pseudoepitheliomatous hyperplasia (n a type of epithelial hyperplasia associated with chronic inflammatory response; distinguished from squamous cell carcinoma by the lack of dysplastic cytologic characteristics). In using coding software if you used term hyperplasia, epithelial, then by site. If unspecified code is 7098 disorders of skin.
It can also be considered a hyperkeratosis resembling an epithelioma. If you approach it this way in coding software: hyperkeratosis, then by site. If unspecified the code is 7011 keratoderma, acquired.
Would need to know the underlying cause of the lesion, that should help determine which direction to take.
Hope this helps some.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join