Carotid, basilar, and vertebral, by and large, belong to the group of PRECEREBRAL ARTERIES.
when the occlusion occurs in an individual artery , the corresponding code is appropriate. For eg, single carotid artery, I would assign 433.10.
If it invloves both sides ( bilateral), or in multiples, I would assign 433.30.
This seeme to be appropriate and reasonable clinically, and risk adjustment group categorization too.
Thank you for the opportunity to ponder
- ICD-10 Training
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join