There are different opinions on this. There appears to be some logic behind reporting dx 996.72 which is what some say is correct to report, there seems to be more logic to not classify this as a "complication" due to the stent. SOme patients continue to have build up throughout their arteries whether a stent was placed or not and it is not as if the stent malfunctioned in any way.
I would report in stent restenosis as CAD of the type of vessel in which the stent was placed. If it took place in a native vessel I would use 414.01 and so on.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join