20550 is a code for multiple injections single tendon sheath. So if documentation supports different tendon sheath then you may bill more than one. You do not use 76 modifier on injections and never for more than one procedure in the same session. 76 is for a repeated procedure in a separate session. to be repeated it must be the exact same procedure repeated usually after an intervention. injections are not repeated because it is impossible to inject at exactly the same site and when performed in the same session they are always different sites. so assuming your documentation supports a separte tendon sheath you will bill
20610 (RT or LT) shoulder (for example)
20610 59 (RT or LT) hip ( for example)
If the 20610 were bilateral then it would be
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join