I have always understood the partial mastectomy to apply when tissue beyond what is believed to be the actual neoplasm is purposely taken in the effort to get clear margins. Also when a return for wider margins is needed after initial excision of a mass turns out to have positive margins of CA or DCIS. I don't know what is meant by a particular dept of the breast, but it doesn't sound like an appropriate basis for downcoding your claims.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join