76 is for a repeated procedure . To be repeated it must be the exact same procedure repeated in a different setting. the same procedure performed on a different location is not repeated, so no you do not use it. FYI when using the 51 and the 59 together always sequence the 59 first. As far as whether the codes or modifiers selected on this case, without an op note I cannot say whether they are correct or not. I am answering generically on appropriate use of the 76 modifier.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join