Using 43245 is used specifically to dilate the pyloric sphincter supported by ICD-9 code of gastric outlet obstruction. If the stenosis is further in the duodenum, you can use 43248, or use your small bowel push codes if the stenosis is beyond the 3rd portion of the duodenum.
Mary Jo Russman, CPC,CGIC
Cleveland Clinic Digestive Disease Institute
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join