I believe you could negotiate a payment amount with the patient, but you also need to make sure that if you are giving a self pay discount - that there is a policy on file at your facility defining what that discount should be (% wise) and that it is offered to all patients in a self pay situation. .
What you don't want is a situation where you are offering deeper discounts to some patients and not as much to others. This is not good marketing and could make you lose clients quickly.
For example: These are our fees. If not covered under an insurance plan, a 20% "self pay" discount will be applied.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join