Our fee schedule is the same regardless of payer (commercial, Medicare, Medicaid, self-pay, etc). The adjustment / write-off we take varies by contract and policies/procedures in place.
As an example, we offer all self-pay, no insurance patients a 10% discount off the fee schedule amount. We offer additional discounts/adjustments based on financial hardship. There is a specific procedure patients must follow to receive such discounts; if they choose not to give full financial disclosure (and some people do not want to), then they are responsible for the full bill.
Hope that helps.
F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join