I dont know if this answers your question, but i am a MA and I have assisted physician with procedures and i know of other friends who are MAs who do a lot of different procedures without direct supervision.
I do know that MAs operate under the licensure of the physician; so technically, the physician would be ultimately liable.
As far as your coding question goes, I have no idea how you would code this but i sure would like to know; because not only am i an MA, but i am studying to take my CPC examination soon and this is a very good question.
Have you tried to ask the AAPC about what they think? Good luck!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join