My hospital group recently was certified to do heart transplants. The hospital has put together a group of interdiciplanary physicians for the patients pre and postop care. The physicians are asking for a mid-level provider to do a history with review of systems and past family and social history then all the speciality providers will document their own chief complaint, exam and an assessment and plan. Also all these speciality physicians do not work for the same company. The documentation guidelines do not address this specifically and I was wondering if any one had come accross this situation. Also these physicians are wanting to all charge a separate E&M for this service.
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join