I would prefer to report the diagnostic laparoscopy in addition to the TAH w BSO code with a modifier 59 on to the diagnostic pap code, it becomes a a separate and distinct procedure.
Your doctor did only a diagnostic lap and not a surgical lap. But if she started a surgical lap Hysterectomy and later changed over to open hysterectomy, then you would report an appropriate V-code to support the change over.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join