All female sterilization procedure ( other than laparoscopic ) done along with/during Cesarean, would fall into the codes : cesarean code (global or alone) with + 58611- be it Pomroy's technique, Falopes ring, clip or felshie clip- be it ligation or occlusion. The bottom line is, it is an open sterilization procedure done along with cesarean section. The code +58611 distinctly states as "when done at the time of cesarean"
The clip/ring procedures are preferred than the ligation/transection Pomroy' technique's because the reversal procedures can be undertaken easily with better effect of recanalization.
I have no problem in the selection of these codes.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join