You should only bill for one qualitative test. Qualitative test kits test 5 to 12 different classes with separate results for each. There is no need to run another qualitative test for a specific drug.
In the new regime, your doctor would bill for an 80104, one unit. If you are moderately complex, you can bill 80101 x # of classes to commercial carriers. Medicare is G0434, one unit.
Brock Berta, CPC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join