Here's a stumper--at least for me as I am still a very new coder. I have been asked if the following can be billed & what the proper coding would be.
Patient came into the Emergency Room of the hospital & the ER physician billed a lev 5 ED visit & admitted the patient to the hospital. The ER physician informed the attending physician & contacted a cardiologist consultant who imediately took the patient to the cath lab & determined that the patient needed to be transfered to a larger hospital where a CABG could be performed. The patient was in the hospital & ER (combined) for less than 3 hours. The attending physician never saw the patient, but he did complete the discharge summery. What services, if any, can the attending physician bill? Any thoughts?
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join