CPT 33530 can only be billed with cabg and valve procedures. Resection of an atrial myxoma is billed with 33120-33130 (I think. I'm at home and i don't have my CPT book in front of me) so you can't bill the re-op code with this procedure.
I should add, the original surgery also had to be a cabg and/or valve procedure so if the initial surgery was resection of a myxoma, you can't bill for a re-operation.
If the surgery was more difficult than usual because of adhesions (or what have you), you could add modifier 22 if the documentation supports this.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join