The code 00120 states "Anesthesia for procedures on external, middle, and inner ear including biopsy; NOT OTHERWISE SPECIFIED".
Code 00126 states "Anesthesia for procedures on external, middle, and inner ear including biopsy; Tympanotomy."
The difference here is you were looking for tympan-OSTOMY- a new permanent opening. Code 00126 is specifying tympan-OTOMY- cutting into (incision).
I would say that the NOS code-00120 is better suited.
Code 99100 states an add-on for Anesthesia for a patient of extreme age, younger than 1 year, which is what you are looking for (11 month old female).
While Anesthesia is not my field of expertise, anyone who can correct me, please do! I just want to help!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join