I am having trouble with this coding. The op report states the following diagnosis
1. Lumbar Disc Displacement
2. Lumbar Radiculopthy
CPT 722.10 states it includes radiculititis due to displacement and CPT 724.4 excludes 722.0-722.9
It is correct to code ONLY 722.10 since the operative report only gives these 2 conditions and no other cause of the Radiculopathy?
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Practicode (online coding simulation)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Book Store
- Log In / Join