We know as of April 1st we can no longer append the modifier 50 to 64613 and 64614 as these codes were recently updated in the MPF but didn't see anything in their announcement concerning 64612. MCR has actually being more generous in allowing these codes to be billed bilaterally than the AMA. Not sure why you're having problems with the 64612-50 as we've been billing likewise with the 64612-50 on one line with 1 unit, and wonder if it could be one of those "glitches" when the updates go out affecting prior claims. Not sure, but if you like, will keep you updated. Glad to find someone else on here who biills for similar procedures!
---Suzanne E. Byrum, CPC
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Code Lookup with AAPC Coder
- Coding Data Files
- ICD-9 to ICD-10 Code Converter (FREE)
- Other ICD-10 Codes / Resources
- CPT Codes
- HCPCS Codes
- E/M Analyzer (FREE)
- CPT RVU Calculator (FREE)
- Risk Adjustment Search (FREE)
- PQRS Measure Search (FREE)
- Health Plan / Provider Policy Search (FREE)
- MACRA Calculator
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join