This is from the most recent MLN Number: SE1105
G0434 includes qualitative drug screen tests that are waived under CLIA as well as dipsticks, cups, cards, cassettes, etc, that are not CLIA waived.
Laboratories with a CLIA certificate of waiver may perform only those tests cleared by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) as waived tests. Laboratories with a CLIA certificate of waiver shall bill using the QW modifier.
Laboratories with a CLIA certificate of compliance or accreditation may perform non-waived tests. Laboratories with a CLIA certificate of compliance or accreditation do not append the QW modifier to claim lines.
Only one unit of service for code G0434 can be billed per patient encounter regardless of the number of drug classes tested and irrespective of the use or presence of the QW modifier on claim lines.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join