Intraoperative vs. Subsequent Analysis Reporting
The stimulation programming codes 95970-95973 apply to: any return visit for implanted peripheral, brain, or spinal cord pulse generator/transmitters. Although not specifically stated in the descriptor nomenclature, codes 95972-95973 are intended to describe intraoperative initial or subsequent electronic analysis, programming or reprogramming of a neurostimulator pulse generator/transmitter.
With the articles I reviewed from CPT Assistant, I couldn't find where they specificially address the answer to your question. But it is my understanding that the first hour would mean that the physician provided the programing in 60 minutes or less.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join