CPT Assistant 2006
Clinical Scenario 1
A patient with a history of a failed back syndrome presents to the pain clinic for a routine pump refill. She meets with the practiceâ€™s registered nurse (RN), reports no new symptoms, and states that she has continued good pain control. The RN performs the refill of the spinal opioid delivery system. The physician sees the patient and reprograms the pump without changing the daily dosage. The patient is informed of her refill date and sent home.
CPT code 95990 is reported for the refill and maintenance of the implantable pump provided by the practiceâ€™s RN. Code 62368 is reported for the reprogramming. No E/M service is reported for this scenario.
I think NP would be considered a non-physician and you would use 95990.
For additional coding support for pain management I would purchase CPT Assistant subscription and search the below webinar site for pain management audioconferences that are very helpful. A PDF is also provided and can be referenced back to.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join