We are preparing to operate on a new patient who had a C5-6 ACDF over three years ago by another surgeon. We are removing the plate, and doing a revision C5-6 ACDF w/ replacement of anterior hardware, peek and R ICBG. I am unsure what code to use for the revision fusion since one was already done at this level?? Do I simply use the regular 22551 and a 22830 for exploration of fusion or should the doctor document the extra work involved and append a modifier -22 to the 22551? Any advice or guidance would be much appreciated!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join