In order to report 19302 it must be a complete axillary dissection of all sentinel nodes. Were dyes or tracers used to mark the node(s)? There is also the issue of if any muscle was removed or not? There would be a different code for use in musculature removal.
I would ask your physician to read through the CPT Assistant September 2008, Volume 18, Page 5, and after reading discuss with them to see if you can come to an agreement.
Hope that helps.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join