There are a couple of questions.
Our providers check for HTN, do eclampsia labs after the patient has had 2 high blood pressure reading back to back during the pregnancy. I don't know the full history of your patient.
Did she have BP problems, HTN, gestational hypertension during the pregnancy also?
If it was only during the delivery and she is coming in just for a BP check, I would go for
V81.1, screening for HTN.
If she had any kind of HTN problem prior to delivery, I would select one of the pregnancy complication HTN codes in the 642 area, e.g. 642.04 Transitional HTN during postpartum period.
I hope this helps.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join