76942 Ultrasounic guidance for needle placement (eg, biopsy, aspiration, injection, localization device, imaging supervision and interpretation, has a the following ASC payment indicator for Medicare claims
N1 packaged service/item; no separate payment made
1. If the technical portion of the ultrasound guidance is considered packaged into the payment for the surgical procedure, it is unrealistic to expect the carrier to pay for the global with place service 24 because the equipment was provided.
2. If you don't have 26 modifier on there, and you are billing for professional portion, they are going to deny it.
- ICD-10 Training
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join