Recently a consultant has convinced one of our doctors into purchasing the ultrasound equipment in an attempt to bill for the global on 76942 at a ambulatory surgery center, as he was tired of getting paid only for the professional component. When we tried to bill Medicare they rejected the claim for place of service invalid and afford no appeal rights, which boils down to you forgot the modifier 26 in CMSanise. I called Medicare and spent well over an hour attempting to figure out this problem, but so far I have received as many different answers as people I have spoken with. Can we bill for the global on 76942, or are we forced to bill with the modifier 26 to medicare part B? Does anyone out there have any ideas where to look to find a definitive answer, CS at Medicare kept putting me on hold and still couldn't help.
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join