Yes, in determining the level of MDM, when a provider personally reviews the films/labs (NOT just reviewing the pathologist's report or the radiologist's report) ... so he puts the Xray up on the viewer and looks at the actual X-ray, or he puts the slide under a microscope and looks at it himself ... then the provider gets 2 data points.
He is NOT getting points for interpreteing the test. And he is NOT charging for that interpretation, either.
Hope that helps.
F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join