Good Morning everyone
One of my docs came to me yesterday stating that he was under the impression that hosp echoes done within the last 6 months should be billed at a follow up echo. I do not agree with this. As we all see, patients come in and out of the hospital, and its not always for the same reason. If the patient has presented with new symptoms, and a complete echo was performed, why bill for a follow up? Any opinions would be great. I've searched for info regarding this exact question on Medicare's site and couldn't find anything.
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join