This is SUCH a personal decision, Mandy.
Try the "T" technique ... Draw a line down the middle of a sheet of paper; About an inch from the top of the page, draw a line across the page (You now have your "T"). Write PLUS in the space above the line on the Left; Write MINUS in the space above the line on the right side.
Now start writing down all the plusses and minuses of taking this new course down.
More money? - goes on the plus side
Dead end job? - goes on the minus side
Step toward management goal? - goes on the plus side
Afraid I'm not ready yet? - goes on the minus side
Don't stop until you have exhausted all the possibilities.
This will help you weigh your decision.
Hope that helps.
F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CECM
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join