77002 is for procedures other than spine such as joint injections or spenopalatine block. 20610 or 64505 are the codes that come to mind that NCCI has not bundled 77002 into the procedure. Codes such as 64400, 64418, 64450, 64421, 64510 have 77002 as a column two code and 77002 is not separately reportable
77003 is for procedures such as epidurals 62310-62311 or continous epidural infusions/bolus 62318-62319 or SI joint block w/ fluoro 27096 or 62287 percutaneous discectomy or 62273 epidural blood patch. These are some codes that come to mind. Whereas 64490-64495 and 64479-64484 fluoro is required and included per CPT---There is a recent CPT Assistant article clarify which codes they consider appropriate to bill in conjunction with 77003.
76000 can be used if the physician is using the fluoro machine to check placement of SCS leads or in assistance with pump refills/reprogramming 95991 62368
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join