Modifier 26 is used for physician interpretation.
Normally used when procedure is performed in a facility and not in the office.
Global charge 78658
Modifier 26 professional component 78658-26 (doctor would bill for this)
Modifier TC technical component 78658-TC (hospital would bill for this)
78658 without a modifier (global) means the procedure and equipment were performed by the doctor with his / her own equipment, in doctor office, with doctor staff.
I hope this helps.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join