What the doctor needs to be stating is that out of 60 minutes, 45 minutes were spent in counseling, with his/her summarization of what was discussed during counseling. Then you have a time based code. Just stating face-to-face doesn't do much for documentation. With your example, if the doctor is only stating "face-to-face" I think I would look at the documentation content (History/Exam/MDM) to determine the level of service. Hope that helps...
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join