cardiology exam

Default cardiology exam
    Exam Training Packages
    I am considering taking the exam, and i am wondering what materials could i buy besides the things that are offered by the aapc. I am already a cpc, I just want to get into a specialty that i know will benefit me. I understand that the exam is difficult, but i just want to prepare the best way i know how. Please help!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    MARSCHAND K. MARTIN

2. Default
    Quote Originally Posted by marty3073 View Post
    I am considering taking the exam, and i am wondering what materials could i buy besides the things that are offered by the aapc. I am already a cpc, I just want to get into a specialty that i know will benefit me. I understand that the exam is difficult, but i just want to prepare the best way i know how. Please help!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Marty,
    I used all of Jim Collins materials. He prints handout sheets about all different cardiology procedures. Have you been there? cardiologycoder.com

I borrowed a study guide from a coworker who had taken the CCC exam. It used to be offered by AAPC before they went to the online study guide. I wonder if you could go to amazon and look at used ones?
    Theresa CCS-P CPMA CCC ICDCT-CM

Default CCC Exam
    Thanks for the information on cardiologycoder.com. I am also wondering will the questions on the test be multiple choice or will have to dissect the information from the op notes. Also, where can I do on cardiologycoder.com to recieve the op notes. Will i have to join the website to get them.

Thanks,
    MARSCHAND K. MARTIN

Per the Specialty Exam page:

Specialty Exams
    150 multiple choice questions (proctored)
    5 hours and 40 minutes to finish the exam
    1 free retake