you cannot bill with the 76 modifier unless you can show that these were performed in separate sessions. 20552 is a multiple code for 1 or 2 muscles and can only be billed one time with 1 unit. If you have injections of more than 2 muscles then you would use 20553 with 1 unit. If the 98940 and 97014 are bundled and these were all performed on the same muscles then you cannot use the 59 modifier and they cannot be unbundled, you would need to drop them.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join