The body of the report should include how the other surgeon assisted.
For example: "Dr X assisted in this laparoscopic procedure, handling and monitoring the camera."
Our compliance department HAS accepted documentation wherein the surgeon lists the assist a the top and then routinely uses "we" through the report. For example: "We made a 5-cm incision. We found X. We removed Y. We closed with bungee cords" (just want to be sure you're paying attention ...)
But our surgeons are usually more specific in identifying HOW the assistant helped.
Hope that helps.
F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join