I would just refer him to the NCCI Manual, Chapter XI, for CPT Codes 90000-99999, under Cardiovascular section, where it says:
"Percutaneous coronary artery interventions include stent placement, atherectomy, and balloon angioplasty. For reimbursement purposes, Medicare recongnizes three coronary arteries: right coronary artery (modifier RC), left circumflex (modifier LC)and left anterior descending coronary artery (modifier LD). For a given coronary artery and its branches, the physician should report only one intervention, the most complex, regardless of the number of stent placements, atherectomies, or balloon angioplasties performed in that coronary artery and its branches."
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join