As I have been reading over these forums, I have noticed alot of discouragement coming in from those not being able to find work having no experience. Though I do feel for them, I wanted to also start a thread that might give hope to those people who have no experience and are looking for a job.
I'm wondering, how many people actually found work as a "Medical Coder, Medical Biller" without having ANY experience in said field? If you have, please share, and I believe it will encourage everyone currently looking.
Personally, I have not graduated with a CPC or anything yet. I did however call a hospital around my area (mid missouri) and she said she was willing to hire CPC-A's with no problem. She said of course, she would test the applicant, and that was that.
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Practicode (online coding simulation)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Book Store
- Log In / Join