I work in an outpatient hospital therapy department and we require treatment diagnosis on all of our therapists notes. For auditing and documentation integrity purposes it is really important that every note contain the treatment diagnosis (what the physical therapist is working on i.e. difficulty walking, lack of coordination, disorders of sacrum, etc.) and the medical diagnosis from the physician (e.g. degenerative disc disorder thoracosacral region, OA, etc.) therapists will always treat the effects of the medical condition, not the condition itself.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join