In the 1997 guidelines, under Amount or Complexity of Data, one of the documentation guidelines states:
"DG: The review of lab, radiology and/or other diagnostic tests should be documented. A simple notation such as 'WBC elevated' or 'chest x-ray unremarkable' is acceptable. Alternatively, the review may be documented by initialing and dating the report containing the test results."
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join