Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Required ICD 10 proficency test to keep CPC

1. Default
    Exam Training Packages
    klursky - no where does AAPC say you will lose your credential if you do not pass in 2 tries. You'd just have to pay another $60 for 2 more tries. I have not seen a limit as to how many times you can pay the fee to test.

2. Default
    Thanks, mkm1517! I thought I saw in a post somewhere here saying that you did. Makes me feel better that it's not true.

3. Default
    I saw someone post that on here back in 2010 but I think that person was just misinterpreting. I would think if there was a limit AAPC would have it written on the I-10 testing info page.

Smile Will we get a document or something
    After we pass our ICD-10 Proficiency Assessment will we receive some type of document from AAPC that states we passed it - so that we have something to prove to our employer that we passed it.

I am looking forward to growing further

Default Taking the test as a group
    On this thread back on 7/13/2011 someone was speaking about their chapter possibly taking the test as a group

How will that work - And is that okay? How would you know which coders really knew the correct answers, or whether they just chose the answer that most of the group thought was correct?

Quote Originally Posted by dlharris View Post
    On this thread back on 7/13/2011 someone was speaking about their chapter possibly taking the test as a group

How will that work - And is that okay? How would you know which coders really knew the correct answers, or whether they just chose the answer that most of the group thought was correct?
    No, I don't think that is okay! What possible purpose is there in passing an exam if you do it by sitting in a room full of other people who are giving you the answers? It doesn't show that you are proficient at ICD-10.

I'm sure the intent is that each person taking the assessment be assessed on an individual basis. I know it says "use any resource available" but I doubt if they meant other people can give you the answers.
    Ruth Sheets, CPC
    CodingCertification.Org

Default I agree with you
    I agree with you - shouldn't be taken as a group. Each person needs to take assessment by themselves using their books, etc.
    Just read that older message on here and it didn't seem right to me either.

I agree with you both, it doesn't prove what you as an individual knows. Some people might have taken the boot camps or might have studied up on it more than others. Which makes it worthless then cause here you have your certificate saying 'Yes I know ICD 10' but when someone asks you and you have no one to turn back to ask what is the answer. Then this whole things becomes invalid and we are looked down upon as not knowing anything.

9. Default
    All AAPC certified coders are required to pass the ICD-10 Proficiency Assessment sometime between October 1, 2013 and September 30, 2015 to maintain their credential(s) and validate their knowledge of the ICD-10-CM code set.

http://www.aapc.com/icd-10/icd-10-proficiency-prep.aspx

10. Default
    http://www.aapc.com/icd-10/icd-10-proficiency-prep.aspx

All AAPC certified coders are required to pass the ICD-10 Proficiency Assessment sometime between October 1, 2013 and September 30, 2015 to maintain their credential(s) and validate their knowledge of the ICD-10-CM code set

Saw some recent posts that implied that the proficiency assessment wasn't required. It is, and there's a time limit

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast